Skip to main content

We've joined the Blogging world!

Alright, so I finally decided to stop being lazy and create a family blog. I've started and restarted one like 3 times, but I think I'm committed now...we'll see. LOL. I figured since our little family will be moving "Far Away" to Logan in a few weeks, now would be as good a time as ever to start a blog so our friends and family can keep track of us. I wanted to start one when (or before...) Aria was born, but I never got around to it. But don't worry, I have been writing her monthly letters and keeping a calendar of her big achievements, and of course taking lots of pictures!

We are in an in-between stage right now, trying to find the 'right' apartment for our family in Logan; and it has been more complicated and frustrating than I ever thought it would be. But, I know we will find the one we need to be in. We have one we really like, and we've applied for it, so we are hoping that we get it! So anyway, Keith and I are a bit antsy right now, and just want to be up in Logan and moved already so we can get settled into the next little phase of our lives. And I think Aria is mimicking our emotions, poor thing!

Oh Aria, she is just our little ray of sunshine! She is growing too fast for us to keep up. She makes everyday an adventure, especially now that she is crawling! Holy Cow is she fast too! But we are excited that she is learning and doing so much. She is a smart little girl, and sure has a lot of sass and is very dramatic. (Wonder where she gets that from...? ;))

I'll keep this first post (sorta) short, and just end with some recent cute pictures of our family (OK, Mostly Aria)! Enjoy! More soon!
                                         
                                         Aria has two little teeth on the bottom now, so we introduced her to a                                                          toothbrush. She LOVES it! Ha-ha.
                                   
                                         I don't know why, I just love this picture of her! She is trying to pull her self up                                              using the chair...

                                          Rockin' her pink sunglasses! Thanks Auntie Missa! #herface

                                          We love stroller rides! She loves being outdoors and gets so excited anytime we                                           go outside!

                                          Momma's Little Beauty!

                                          Just eating some leaves. She has finally decided that she likes grass, and will                                                 actually touch it...and now eat it. #darnit #thatsonewaytogethergreens

                                         Practicing Standing!


Memorial Day Fun! We took Aria swimming for the first time! She loved it!! It was a lot of fun! 


BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa Tingey's for Memorial Day!

                                          She was mad because she wanted the ice-cream...and I wasn't holding her...                                                 haha.Silly babe!

                                          Cute Family Picture from Easter Sunday!

Comments

  1. Carissa this is so sweet! It will be so fun for you to be able to look back and reflect on these fun memories of your family and life:) Love you beautiful girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Newest update!

It has been way too long since I posted an update. Sorry for that; with all that’s been going on with us, I made the decision to not be on social media as much to help my mental health. But I know that’s left people wondering how we are doing. It’s been a pretty hard and depressing time, and so I have kind of kept to myself and my family the last little while.  What a rollercoaster the last half a year has been for me and my little family. Getting a cancer diagnosis is such a scary thing. It’s also very frustrating and emotional and confusing. There is so much that is now known about Leukemia, but also so much that is still unknown. And there is not a 100% guarantee that my cancer won’t come back. I’m working on coming to terms with that. I am attempting to invest all my time in to make sure I’m living my best life in the present moment. This is hard to do, and to be honest most days the last few months I’ve been in pure survival mode. I’ve been lucky if I can get out of bed in t...

Family update (April 2020)

Family update (April 2020) Living through the Corona Virus (apocalypse) Epidemic With all that happened to our family during 2019 (really the tail end of 2019), I think we expected the new year to be much better. We anticipated a fresh start to feeling on top of things, improving our lives, starting new adventures. Then March 2020 rolled around and was like- “ha, smack in the face, let’s start some chaos.” To give it some credit, the year didn’t start out too bad. I became determined to get healthier and get my body back into shape and feeling better, (like how about feeling like I’m 28 not 54…) So, beginning in January I started exercising at least 3 times a week, and eating a healthier diet. I have lost about 6 to 7 lbs. so far! (Although I’m sure I’ve gained it all back with stress from the stupid corona virus and being quarantined with a house full of freaking food) I’ve been proud of myself, though I still have a long way to go. Another good thing is that our girls...

Accepting

I've decided that I must have been over confident in heaven about accepting all the different trials I was going to have to face here on earth. I must have somehow known that I would be able to get through them. Because man I've already been through so much in my 31 years of life. And I tell you what; after being diagnosed with Leukemia, I'll be honest and say that I hope I don't have any more big surprise trials for at least a little while. I think I need a get out of trials free card or something.  I was listening to music as I was walking the halls of the hospital the other day. I created a play list that has empowering songs that I can listen to while I go through this difficult and often draining time. The song Brave by Sara Bareilles started playing. For those of you who don't know, the song is about being brave enough to speak your mind, brave enough to be seen and heard by a world that doesn't always want you to be. I kind of took in the lyrics of the so...