Three words. LIFE IS CRAZY! Well, at least it is for us right now. Mostly for me. I have never felt so behind in everything all at once- or at least not for a long time.
This is my 4th straight semester of school, and boy has it been an adventure. It's been a year since I started school again after having Aria. I obviously anticipated that it was going to be difficult. And it has been, but this semester has been kicking me in the backside. I had the bright idea of deciding to try and tackle 13 credit hours this semester. WHAT WAS I THINKING?? Seriously I am worried about my judgment- I told Keith he definitely has a crazy wife and he is more than welcome to tell me "I told you so", any time now.
Don't get me wrong. I really have loved being back in school. I have never had more motivation for it. I have been learning so much, and meeting some great new friends. I have had the opportunity to really strengthen the talents I have been given, and most of the time, it feels pretty great. It has been pretty neat to be able to combine two things that I love to do in my school career- music and writing. I never really thought I would be able to study both and make it work. Granted I am not sure I am doing that great at it now, but it sure is a fun combination.
This spring, Keith will graduate with his bachelors in Biochemistry. He has worked so so hard for it. I am so proud of him. AND he was just accepted into the PhD program for Biochemistry at Utah State!! YAY! He will start in the fall, and will be working there as well. We are excited to make Logan our home for a few more years. Though I am not sure how excited he is about more school...;)
I graduate this spring with my associates. A very long process, but I'm finally there. Then, if things all work out, I will continue working toward my bachelors in Journalism, with a minor in English and Music. I really do want to finish, but I need a break from school for a bit, and I feel like it's time to prioritize my family a little more right now. I miss Aria! And Keith too ;)
It is hard at times to be in school, especially this semester because I am so busy ALL the time. I know it's been really hard on Aria. I feel so awful every-time she looks into my eyes and says, "Mommy don't leave me!" Ugh it gets to me every-time! She has been such a trooper though. And Keith has been so amazing. He watches Aria for me all the time while I study, makes dinner most nights of the week, and so many other things I am grateful for.
And lets not forget my sister-in-law. She has been our savior this last year. She has been willing to watch Aria for us and we couldn't be more grateful. She is my hero. We will never be able to thank her enough. Aria loves being there, and has so much fun with her cousins. Thank-you Krystal, for taking Aria in and helping her to have fun, creative filled days. We couldn't do this without you! :) <3
Aria is growing up so fast. She talks so well, and her imagination has exploded. I love to watch her play, she cracks me up. Her current favorite thing is to play pretend. Usually this entails Aria being the mom, me being the baby, and her taking care of me. She tries to take care of me like we take care of her, which can be funny and scary at the same time. I have "whoops she's mimicking that" moments a lot lately.
And boy is she smart! She knows most of her colors really well, and is beginning to recognize more letters too. She can sings lots of songs, and singing and dancing are two or her favorite past-times. She is definitely going into a dance class in another year or so. She is also still our clingy little baby, which lately I don't mind; since I feel like I hardly see her. Normally it has been hard to have her so clingy. Its funny how things like that change. Oh- she is also convinced we need to have a baby sister. She's really fixed on it, and keeps telling us we are going to have one. NOTE- we are NOT pregnant. Not yet anyway. :) Its hopefully in the near future....
At the end of the day, no matter how stressed I get, or how upset I feel about things, I know I always have a place to come home to where I am unconditionally loved. That is the greatest feeling in the world, and gets me through a lot lately. I think I have taken things like this for granted in my life. Boy do I appreciate it now.
I don't know if this is much of an update on us, but there you go. It's a novel as always.
This is my 4th straight semester of school, and boy has it been an adventure. It's been a year since I started school again after having Aria. I obviously anticipated that it was going to be difficult. And it has been, but this semester has been kicking me in the backside. I had the bright idea of deciding to try and tackle 13 credit hours this semester. WHAT WAS I THINKING?? Seriously I am worried about my judgment- I told Keith he definitely has a crazy wife and he is more than welcome to tell me "I told you so", any time now.
Don't get me wrong. I really have loved being back in school. I have never had more motivation for it. I have been learning so much, and meeting some great new friends. I have had the opportunity to really strengthen the talents I have been given, and most of the time, it feels pretty great. It has been pretty neat to be able to combine two things that I love to do in my school career- music and writing. I never really thought I would be able to study both and make it work. Granted I am not sure I am doing that great at it now, but it sure is a fun combination.
This spring, Keith will graduate with his bachelors in Biochemistry. He has worked so so hard for it. I am so proud of him. AND he was just accepted into the PhD program for Biochemistry at Utah State!! YAY! He will start in the fall, and will be working there as well. We are excited to make Logan our home for a few more years. Though I am not sure how excited he is about more school...;)
I graduate this spring with my associates. A very long process, but I'm finally there. Then, if things all work out, I will continue working toward my bachelors in Journalism, with a minor in English and Music. I really do want to finish, but I need a break from school for a bit, and I feel like it's time to prioritize my family a little more right now. I miss Aria! And Keith too ;)
It is hard at times to be in school, especially this semester because I am so busy ALL the time. I know it's been really hard on Aria. I feel so awful every-time she looks into my eyes and says, "Mommy don't leave me!" Ugh it gets to me every-time! She has been such a trooper though. And Keith has been so amazing. He watches Aria for me all the time while I study, makes dinner most nights of the week, and so many other things I am grateful for.
And lets not forget my sister-in-law. She has been our savior this last year. She has been willing to watch Aria for us and we couldn't be more grateful. She is my hero. We will never be able to thank her enough. Aria loves being there, and has so much fun with her cousins. Thank-you Krystal, for taking Aria in and helping her to have fun, creative filled days. We couldn't do this without you! :) <3
Aria is growing up so fast. She talks so well, and her imagination has exploded. I love to watch her play, she cracks me up. Her current favorite thing is to play pretend. Usually this entails Aria being the mom, me being the baby, and her taking care of me. She tries to take care of me like we take care of her, which can be funny and scary at the same time. I have "whoops she's mimicking that" moments a lot lately.
And boy is she smart! She knows most of her colors really well, and is beginning to recognize more letters too. She can sings lots of songs, and singing and dancing are two or her favorite past-times. She is definitely going into a dance class in another year or so. She is also still our clingy little baby, which lately I don't mind; since I feel like I hardly see her. Normally it has been hard to have her so clingy. Its funny how things like that change. Oh- she is also convinced we need to have a baby sister. She's really fixed on it, and keeps telling us we are going to have one. NOTE- we are NOT pregnant. Not yet anyway. :) Its hopefully in the near future....
At the end of the day, no matter how stressed I get, or how upset I feel about things, I know I always have a place to come home to where I am unconditionally loved. That is the greatest feeling in the world, and gets me through a lot lately. I think I have taken things like this for granted in my life. Boy do I appreciate it now.
I don't know if this is much of an update on us, but there you go. It's a novel as always.
Comments
Post a Comment