Skip to main content

Hello Again!

Well, my last post was in February, so here we are 8 months later! Still alive, although some days I wonder how that happens! ;)

Life has changed quite a bit for us in the last 8 months. Keith and I both graduated in the spring- he with his Bachelors and I with my Associates. It was a very satisfying and exciting/stressful time for both of us. But we made it through! Now Keith has started into his PhD. in Biochemistry at Utah State and keeps pretty busy. So we still have a long ways to go for school- especially if I decide to go back in a year or so. which I hope to!

We moved into a new apartment on the west side of Logan, and it has been an adjustment. Instead of a town-home it is more like our first apartment; a one level upstairs 3 bedroom apartment. It isn't to terrible, just rough to go from a two level place to a smaller one level. But the extra bedroom is nice and it is quite a bit cheaper for rent so I can't complain. I just have to be patient and wait a few more years to have a home all to ourselves!

The next biggest change in our little family is expecting a new little addition coming this December!!! We had been talking about trying for our second child, and it was apparently the right time to start trying! We were blessed to get pregnant really quickly and I feel so grateful to be able to conceive and have children without to many difficulties. Children truly are miracles- even before they are born!

We found out a couple months ago that we are having another GIRL!! I was more than thrilled and had my suspicions that it would be another girl. Pretty much everyone else was rooting for a boy- which of course I would have been over the moon excited for too. But Aria is excited to be getting a little sister to play with and teach everything she knows about life. :) We hope maybe next time it will be a boy- we have to continue the Olsen family name, and we really want a boy too; especially Keith! poor Keith- outnumbered by all sisters and now with a wife and two daughters! But he really loves it! ;)

It has been fun to see her start to understand what is going on and get excited about it. Although now she asks me everyday if the baby is coming yet....Nope not for a couple more months! We have explained to her that the baby comes after Daddy's and Mommy's birthdays and after Christmas. Except she also now asks if its Christmas yet everyday too! ;)

So for now, we are preparing for our newest bundle of joy to come. It is crazy to think that now its only about two months away! It seems like it took forever to get to this point...This pregnancy has been pretty rough for me. Harder than with Aria. I have been a lot sicker-especially in the first few months (I actually had true morning sickness this time...:( ) and had to have a lot of testing done for various health reasons. Also add on that I have an active toddler- its exhausting! I am so much more tired this time around, and I feel so bad for Aria having to deal with a tired, grumpy, sick momma for all these months.

But overall she has really been quite a trooper. I hope she survives after all these months of a lot of screen time (terrible I know) and not a very fun mom. :/ Keith has been wonderful to me though and lets me rest whenever he can and has been amazing with helping around the house (like cooking which I could hardly do the first few months) and helping with Aria.

My depression has been pretty bad too. Fortunately I have been able to stay on my medication and it helps some. But there are quite a few days where I feel like I just can't win the battle. I think that the depression has been part of what has made me so much more tired too. However, I press on because I will never give up. I have far to much to accomplish and live for- first and foremost being a wife and mother. That is what has kept me going.

I hope to make the most of these next couple months. Fun holidays are coming up and there will be some much to do! I want to enjoy the time I have with just Aria and I before we add another little bundle of joy. I think we all are excited for this change to come, but kind of scared too. Two kids! Crazy!! I don't feel old enough for this haha. ;)

Overall, our little family is doing well and we are pretty happy and content having each other. I think this little one in my tummy has added a sweet spirit to our home already that has brought us closer together as a family. We are so grateful to have each other.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Newest update!

It has been way too long since I posted an update. Sorry for that; with all that’s been going on with us, I made the decision to not be on social media as much to help my mental health. But I know that’s left people wondering how we are doing. It’s been a pretty hard and depressing time, and so I have kind of kept to myself and my family the last little while.  What a rollercoaster the last half a year has been for me and my little family. Getting a cancer diagnosis is such a scary thing. It’s also very frustrating and emotional and confusing. There is so much that is now known about Leukemia, but also so much that is still unknown. And there is not a 100% guarantee that my cancer won’t come back. I’m working on coming to terms with that. I am attempting to invest all my time in to make sure I’m living my best life in the present moment. This is hard to do, and to be honest most days the last few months I’ve been in pure survival mode. I’ve been lucky if I can get out of bed in t...

Family update (April 2020)

Family update (April 2020) Living through the Corona Virus (apocalypse) Epidemic With all that happened to our family during 2019 (really the tail end of 2019), I think we expected the new year to be much better. We anticipated a fresh start to feeling on top of things, improving our lives, starting new adventures. Then March 2020 rolled around and was like- “ha, smack in the face, let’s start some chaos.” To give it some credit, the year didn’t start out too bad. I became determined to get healthier and get my body back into shape and feeling better, (like how about feeling like I’m 28 not 54…) So, beginning in January I started exercising at least 3 times a week, and eating a healthier diet. I have lost about 6 to 7 lbs. so far! (Although I’m sure I’ve gained it all back with stress from the stupid corona virus and being quarantined with a house full of freaking food) I’ve been proud of myself, though I still have a long way to go. Another good thing is that our girls...

Accepting

I've decided that I must have been over confident in heaven about accepting all the different trials I was going to have to face here on earth. I must have somehow known that I would be able to get through them. Because man I've already been through so much in my 31 years of life. And I tell you what; after being diagnosed with Leukemia, I'll be honest and say that I hope I don't have any more big surprise trials for at least a little while. I think I need a get out of trials free card or something.  I was listening to music as I was walking the halls of the hospital the other day. I created a play list that has empowering songs that I can listen to while I go through this difficult and often draining time. The song Brave by Sara Bareilles started playing. For those of you who don't know, the song is about being brave enough to speak your mind, brave enough to be seen and heard by a world that doesn't always want you to be. I kind of took in the lyrics of the so...