I have been so bad at keeping up with this blog and writing things down about Aria since school started in January, so I decided that while I am still on spring break, I would take the time to catch up on writing about how big our little Aria is getting.
Our little lover girl surprises us everyday, and grows and learns so much so fast it is insanely hard to take enough pictures, enough videos, write everything down, just keep up with her in general. I am definitely still getting the hang of having a toddler around....they are quite the workout!!
Aria started the year off with some changes, ones that she has adjusted to really well. I think heavenly father knew I needed such a sweet girl who could adapt well to new situations so that I wouldn't have to worry so much, or go too crazy. As I mentioned in our previous post, we enrolled Aria into a daycare not too far from our house, and she goes three days a week for half days. It has been such a weird adjustment. but she seems to enjoy being there and always comes home fairly happy. She likes her teachers (we do too! they are all really cute and nice.) and there are a ton of cute kids her age that she gets to play with. Which is super nice, because she doesn't play with other little friends, so I am glad she is able to get this kind of fun interaction with other kids. Learning how to share, and be nice and things like that. I have such a trooper of a little girl!!
The biggest thing we have noticed about Aria lately, is that her vocabulary has exploded! She talks all the time, and can say so many words!! We are seriously so proud as parents, and can;t believe how smart she is and what she can pick up on. We are having to be very careful what we say, cause she is quite the little parrot lately too. ;) Her favorite little words or sayings, is OK, yeah, yes, momma, daddy, doddy (dolly), woof-woof and puppy, up, eat, snack, night-night, nurse (haha she picked that one up....its interesting in public...) hi, yay, bye, see you (all one sentence type thing), I coming, and more ha. She can literally say so many words its crazy. It has really been in the last month and a half that she has just started talking a million miles a minute, pretty much from the time she wakes up, till she finally goes to sleep. It's great! Some of her newer phrases or words she has picked up on are, go podky (go potty---yes!! remember that one haha), I coming, no, play, outside, monkey, it's you or it's me (when she see's a picture of herself, or looks in a mirror, its so cute!), yogut (yogurt), cheese, cracker, cookie, juice, milk, water, wash hands, and seriously I could go on and on! She is so smart!! Sorry you have to read all those words, ha I mostly wrote them down for my own keepsake. :)
To go along with talking all day long, she sings ALL DAY LONG too!! It is seriously hilarious. She cracks us up singing along to songs, or making up her own and humming all throughout the day. Her favorites that she sings like a broken record all day, are twinkle-twinkle little star, the ABC song (she combines and mixes these two constantly, its pretty funny), the Apples and Bananas song, --Oh, to go along with this song, here's a cute story about it from a couple days ago. So we have this CD that we keep in the car that has a bunch of kids nursery rhyme songs on it, that she has grown to absolutely love lately. Her favorite is the first song, which is the apples and bananas song. So we were driving in SLC the other day trying to find our way home after eating at the Cheesecake Factory, and Aria points up front and says eat! eat! And Keith and I are like-- Aria we all just ate, you can't be hungry already! But she keeps pointing and saying eat and I couldn't figure it out. Then all of a sudden it clicked that she was pointing to the CD player, and that she wanted me to play her CD so she could listen to the apples and bananas song!! How funny and smart is that! I turned it on and she perked right up and smiled and sang right along with it. She also enjoys primary songs, the rubber ducky song, (video to follow :)), and some of the silly little songs my family taught me as a kid that I have now taught to Aria. It is so much fun to sing with her and teach her about music, which is something that has been a huge part of my life. And really, I might just be biased, but she can sing pretty well! She can match the pitches fairly well sometimes. It kills me!! She also loves to play the piano, OK bang on the piano, and dance to almost any kind of music. :) Oh yes, and she loves this puppy app that we downloaded for her on our tablets and my phone, and she sings along to almost all the songs they sing! Crazy thing is she doesn't even watch it that often! Aria is too smart for her own good. :)
Some of her current obsessions, revolve around movies. Bad mom award haha. She LOVES barbie, and is constantly asking if she can watch a barbie movie. Don't worry, we have pretty much watched them all now. ;) She also loves Cinderella, which is one I have been trying to introduce her to and get her to love, since I love it so much. She loves this little Cinderella music box I got from Disneyland years ago, and asks me now whenever we are in our room if she can have 'rella rella'. It kills me! I love looking at her curious little face and watch her eyes light up as she watches the little Cinderella figure twirl around in the music box. :) It makes me happy! haha! OK, now for the big shocker. She is obsessed with FROZEN. Frozen fever is definitely a thing at our house. She has recently gotten into it the last month. It cracks me up how much she really loves it! She goes around singing Let it Go, and if you sing it with her she will repeat the last words with you of each line haha. However, if you sing any song from Frozen, she will assume that we are then going to watch it, and throws a fit if we don't. That's fun. She pretty much loves the movies up until the song Let it Go, and then she gets bored until Olaf comes on, and then she is ok again for a bit. She really doesn't have the attention span to just sit and watch a show, which I am honestly ok with. I really try and monitor her watching anyway. Although lately I have been really bad since we have all been sick, and so busy with school. Anyway, anytime she sees anything with frozen on it she freaks out and yells frozen!! or olwof (Olaf ha) or Elsa! Its so adorable. Disney sure knew what they were doing when they made this film! They knew how to hook kids and get them to be obsessed with it! :) lol.
She loves to be outside. Let me repeat that again. She LOVES to be outside. She wants to be out playing all the time. And if we let her, she totally would be fine. Coat or no coat. Although, she is really good about telling us that she needs her shoes, coat and sockies on before we leave to go bye bye or outside. And sometimes we can get her to help us find them. She is so funny when we go out to play too. She mainly just loves to wander around and look and things, and point to things she sees. Lately she has discovered birds, and she loves them. She either calls them birdies or bak bak (the sound a chicken makes). And she gets super excited anytime she hears one. She will also mimic the crows when they kaw too. :) I think I need to take her to the Tracy Aviary in SLC sometime soon!! She is very much an explorer and I am so glad she is so interested int the world around her, and can recognize things in it!
One funny thing she has figured out, is on the end of a show Keith and I watch together. At the end of the credits the MGM Lion roars and she thinks that is the coolest thing ever. She gets so stinking excited when she hears the end song of the show and runs into the room or up to the TV and says here it goes here it goes! Ha she loves it so much! Keith finally recorded it the other day. It is super cute!
Ohhh, so towards the beginning of the year, she started teething again, this time her molars. One word, YUCK. Getting molars in is not a fun experience. Poor thing was so upset and so tired and moody and in pain all the time! She would just start screaming at us and it would take forever to calm her down. Finally this huge hunkin tooth popped in, and she's been doing better. Although her other bottom molar is starting to come through now too, but it hasn't been as bad as that first one. It was really big...but the Dr said it was OK. It's hard too because Aria has never liked teething toys, or rings, or rags, or anything. She likes to nurse and suck on ice though. So I guess there is that for now ha.
We also had quite the scare with her in January too. She had bought a cold home from daycare, and had been pretty sick with it for a week or so. She started to get better, and just had a runny nose and a mild cough. I put her to bed one night and she had like a 100 degree fever or so. I wasn't super worried, but I checked on her throughout the night anyway to make sure it didn't spike. The next morning she woke up crying and immediately I could tell she didn't feel good I picked her up and she was soo warm. I took her downstairs to nurse her and I decided to take her temperature first, and it was almost 103. I was like WHAT?? I kind of freaked out a lot. I ran up and got Keith, and he got up and ran to the store to grab some Tylenol to give her, because we had run out the night before. I prayed and asked what we should do, take her into the the ER?? Ahh!! She was responsive, but very weak and tired. She barely nursed and then went right back to sleep. We gave her some medicine and since none of the Dr's offices were open at 6 am, we decided she wasn't bad enough to go into the ER, and decided to stick it out and see if we could bring her fever down ourselves. Our prayers worked fast and her fever went down fairly quickly, so we didn't end up needing to take her in. Thank goodness. I hated the feeling of not knowing how to help my child. It is very discouraging and frustrating. But I knew that she was going to be ok, and that she wasn't deathly ill. But I was still scared. That's a high fever for a little one. I guess her body was just trying to fight off the sickness, and we just needed to let her body do it's work. I am grateful for answered prayers and for inspiration. These two are a constant need as a mother.
She loves to eat, and have snacks. Basically her food groups are yogurt, cheese, chicken, sometimes oatmeal, crackers, pizza, cranberries, and bananas. She is a better eater than she used to be, but she can still be pretty picky, like most kids I suppose. She is also really good at feeding herself now, and we rarely have to help her anymore. Sad!! :( She's not my little baby anymore!! She also loves to pour things into her bowl like yogurt, and her new thing is dipping it- dipping things in sauce. She loves ketchup and ranch too. She is definitely her daddy's girl haha.
Some last little things about our sweet Aria... she is learning how to color, and gets very mad that I won't let her color with sharpies or markers yet... she loves to read books still, and has her favorites and says little words or phrases along with me sometimes, I love it! She loves to be chased around, and giggles and squeals with delight anytime anyone chases her or runs around with her. She likes to be tickled, and thinks that she knows how to tickle you back haha. She loves her uncles and aunties, and especially loves her uncle Jacob- who she calls Acob. He is my youngest brother and just turned 8 in January. He loves Aria to death too. They play so cute together and I am so glad! :) She can count to five, except she usually skips 4, and we have to say it and then she blurts out 5!! And she can say 10 haha. She can say all the parts of the head/face, and she loves hair. She pulls on mine all day long. It drives me nuts! She just wishes she had hair...soon little one, soon. :) She can also say hands, feet, toes, and other body parts and knows where they are. She loves to play with us, and all her toys and is getting more imaginative. It is such a joy to watch. She loves her blankie, and is also big into carrying around her little monkey her auntie Missa got her, as well as her little dolly auntie Kaley and Uncle Lincoln got her. Its adorable. She usually goes, "oh, my monkey!" when she see's it and wants it. :)
I am sure there are a billion other things that I could write, but I can't think anymore right now. ha. :) So I will stop there for now, and catch up again later. My baby is almost 18 months I can't believe it! Keith and I will have a year and a half year old on the 20 of this month! That is just crazy to me. It makes me feel old! We just love our little Aria so very, very much and are so grateful and blessed to be her parents. We love to help her learn new things, and watch her grow into a beautiful little girl who will make us so proud. :) We love you Aria Estelle!! XOXO!
Our little lover girl surprises us everyday, and grows and learns so much so fast it is insanely hard to take enough pictures, enough videos, write everything down, just keep up with her in general. I am definitely still getting the hang of having a toddler around....they are quite the workout!!
Aria started the year off with some changes, ones that she has adjusted to really well. I think heavenly father knew I needed such a sweet girl who could adapt well to new situations so that I wouldn't have to worry so much, or go too crazy. As I mentioned in our previous post, we enrolled Aria into a daycare not too far from our house, and she goes three days a week for half days. It has been such a weird adjustment. but she seems to enjoy being there and always comes home fairly happy. She likes her teachers (we do too! they are all really cute and nice.) and there are a ton of cute kids her age that she gets to play with. Which is super nice, because she doesn't play with other little friends, so I am glad she is able to get this kind of fun interaction with other kids. Learning how to share, and be nice and things like that. I have such a trooper of a little girl!!
The biggest thing we have noticed about Aria lately, is that her vocabulary has exploded! She talks all the time, and can say so many words!! We are seriously so proud as parents, and can;t believe how smart she is and what she can pick up on. We are having to be very careful what we say, cause she is quite the little parrot lately too. ;) Her favorite little words or sayings, is OK, yeah, yes, momma, daddy, doddy (dolly), woof-woof and puppy, up, eat, snack, night-night, nurse (haha she picked that one up....its interesting in public...) hi, yay, bye, see you (all one sentence type thing), I coming, and more ha. She can literally say so many words its crazy. It has really been in the last month and a half that she has just started talking a million miles a minute, pretty much from the time she wakes up, till she finally goes to sleep. It's great! Some of her newer phrases or words she has picked up on are, go podky (go potty---yes!! remember that one haha), I coming, no, play, outside, monkey, it's you or it's me (when she see's a picture of herself, or looks in a mirror, its so cute!), yogut (yogurt), cheese, cracker, cookie, juice, milk, water, wash hands, and seriously I could go on and on! She is so smart!! Sorry you have to read all those words, ha I mostly wrote them down for my own keepsake. :)
To go along with talking all day long, she sings ALL DAY LONG too!! It is seriously hilarious. She cracks us up singing along to songs, or making up her own and humming all throughout the day. Her favorites that she sings like a broken record all day, are twinkle-twinkle little star, the ABC song (she combines and mixes these two constantly, its pretty funny), the Apples and Bananas song, --Oh, to go along with this song, here's a cute story about it from a couple days ago. So we have this CD that we keep in the car that has a bunch of kids nursery rhyme songs on it, that she has grown to absolutely love lately. Her favorite is the first song, which is the apples and bananas song. So we were driving in SLC the other day trying to find our way home after eating at the Cheesecake Factory, and Aria points up front and says eat! eat! And Keith and I are like-- Aria we all just ate, you can't be hungry already! But she keeps pointing and saying eat and I couldn't figure it out. Then all of a sudden it clicked that she was pointing to the CD player, and that she wanted me to play her CD so she could listen to the apples and bananas song!! How funny and smart is that! I turned it on and she perked right up and smiled and sang right along with it. She also enjoys primary songs, the rubber ducky song, (video to follow :)), and some of the silly little songs my family taught me as a kid that I have now taught to Aria. It is so much fun to sing with her and teach her about music, which is something that has been a huge part of my life. And really, I might just be biased, but she can sing pretty well! She can match the pitches fairly well sometimes. It kills me!! She also loves to play the piano, OK bang on the piano, and dance to almost any kind of music. :) Oh yes, and she loves this puppy app that we downloaded for her on our tablets and my phone, and she sings along to almost all the songs they sing! Crazy thing is she doesn't even watch it that often! Aria is too smart for her own good. :)
Some of her current obsessions, revolve around movies. Bad mom award haha. She LOVES barbie, and is constantly asking if she can watch a barbie movie. Don't worry, we have pretty much watched them all now. ;) She also loves Cinderella, which is one I have been trying to introduce her to and get her to love, since I love it so much. She loves this little Cinderella music box I got from Disneyland years ago, and asks me now whenever we are in our room if she can have 'rella rella'. It kills me! I love looking at her curious little face and watch her eyes light up as she watches the little Cinderella figure twirl around in the music box. :) It makes me happy! haha! OK, now for the big shocker. She is obsessed with FROZEN. Frozen fever is definitely a thing at our house. She has recently gotten into it the last month. It cracks me up how much she really loves it! She goes around singing Let it Go, and if you sing it with her she will repeat the last words with you of each line haha. However, if you sing any song from Frozen, she will assume that we are then going to watch it, and throws a fit if we don't. That's fun. She pretty much loves the movies up until the song Let it Go, and then she gets bored until Olaf comes on, and then she is ok again for a bit. She really doesn't have the attention span to just sit and watch a show, which I am honestly ok with. I really try and monitor her watching anyway. Although lately I have been really bad since we have all been sick, and so busy with school. Anyway, anytime she sees anything with frozen on it she freaks out and yells frozen!! or olwof (Olaf ha) or Elsa! Its so adorable. Disney sure knew what they were doing when they made this film! They knew how to hook kids and get them to be obsessed with it! :) lol.
She loves to be outside. Let me repeat that again. She LOVES to be outside. She wants to be out playing all the time. And if we let her, she totally would be fine. Coat or no coat. Although, she is really good about telling us that she needs her shoes, coat and sockies on before we leave to go bye bye or outside. And sometimes we can get her to help us find them. She is so funny when we go out to play too. She mainly just loves to wander around and look and things, and point to things she sees. Lately she has discovered birds, and she loves them. She either calls them birdies or bak bak (the sound a chicken makes). And she gets super excited anytime she hears one. She will also mimic the crows when they kaw too. :) I think I need to take her to the Tracy Aviary in SLC sometime soon!! She is very much an explorer and I am so glad she is so interested int the world around her, and can recognize things in it!
One funny thing she has figured out, is on the end of a show Keith and I watch together. At the end of the credits the MGM Lion roars and she thinks that is the coolest thing ever. She gets so stinking excited when she hears the end song of the show and runs into the room or up to the TV and says here it goes here it goes! Ha she loves it so much! Keith finally recorded it the other day. It is super cute!
Ohhh, so towards the beginning of the year, she started teething again, this time her molars. One word, YUCK. Getting molars in is not a fun experience. Poor thing was so upset and so tired and moody and in pain all the time! She would just start screaming at us and it would take forever to calm her down. Finally this huge hunkin tooth popped in, and she's been doing better. Although her other bottom molar is starting to come through now too, but it hasn't been as bad as that first one. It was really big...but the Dr said it was OK. It's hard too because Aria has never liked teething toys, or rings, or rags, or anything. She likes to nurse and suck on ice though. So I guess there is that for now ha.
We also had quite the scare with her in January too. She had bought a cold home from daycare, and had been pretty sick with it for a week or so. She started to get better, and just had a runny nose and a mild cough. I put her to bed one night and she had like a 100 degree fever or so. I wasn't super worried, but I checked on her throughout the night anyway to make sure it didn't spike. The next morning she woke up crying and immediately I could tell she didn't feel good I picked her up and she was soo warm. I took her downstairs to nurse her and I decided to take her temperature first, and it was almost 103. I was like WHAT?? I kind of freaked out a lot. I ran up and got Keith, and he got up and ran to the store to grab some Tylenol to give her, because we had run out the night before. I prayed and asked what we should do, take her into the the ER?? Ahh!! She was responsive, but very weak and tired. She barely nursed and then went right back to sleep. We gave her some medicine and since none of the Dr's offices were open at 6 am, we decided she wasn't bad enough to go into the ER, and decided to stick it out and see if we could bring her fever down ourselves. Our prayers worked fast and her fever went down fairly quickly, so we didn't end up needing to take her in. Thank goodness. I hated the feeling of not knowing how to help my child. It is very discouraging and frustrating. But I knew that she was going to be ok, and that she wasn't deathly ill. But I was still scared. That's a high fever for a little one. I guess her body was just trying to fight off the sickness, and we just needed to let her body do it's work. I am grateful for answered prayers and for inspiration. These two are a constant need as a mother.
She loves to eat, and have snacks. Basically her food groups are yogurt, cheese, chicken, sometimes oatmeal, crackers, pizza, cranberries, and bananas. She is a better eater than she used to be, but she can still be pretty picky, like most kids I suppose. She is also really good at feeding herself now, and we rarely have to help her anymore. Sad!! :( She's not my little baby anymore!! She also loves to pour things into her bowl like yogurt, and her new thing is dipping it- dipping things in sauce. She loves ketchup and ranch too. She is definitely her daddy's girl haha.
Some last little things about our sweet Aria... she is learning how to color, and gets very mad that I won't let her color with sharpies or markers yet... she loves to read books still, and has her favorites and says little words or phrases along with me sometimes, I love it! She loves to be chased around, and giggles and squeals with delight anytime anyone chases her or runs around with her. She likes to be tickled, and thinks that she knows how to tickle you back haha. She loves her uncles and aunties, and especially loves her uncle Jacob- who she calls Acob. He is my youngest brother and just turned 8 in January. He loves Aria to death too. They play so cute together and I am so glad! :) She can count to five, except she usually skips 4, and we have to say it and then she blurts out 5!! And she can say 10 haha. She can say all the parts of the head/face, and she loves hair. She pulls on mine all day long. It drives me nuts! She just wishes she had hair...soon little one, soon. :) She can also say hands, feet, toes, and other body parts and knows where they are. She loves to play with us, and all her toys and is getting more imaginative. It is such a joy to watch. She loves her blankie, and is also big into carrying around her little monkey her auntie Missa got her, as well as her little dolly auntie Kaley and Uncle Lincoln got her. Its adorable. She usually goes, "oh, my monkey!" when she see's it and wants it. :)
I am sure there are a billion other things that I could write, but I can't think anymore right now. ha. :) So I will stop there for now, and catch up again later. My baby is almost 18 months I can't believe it! Keith and I will have a year and a half year old on the 20 of this month! That is just crazy to me. It makes me feel old! We just love our little Aria so very, very much and are so grateful and blessed to be her parents. We love to help her learn new things, and watch her grow into a beautiful little girl who will make us so proud. :) We love you Aria Estelle!! XOXO!
Comments
Post a Comment