I seriously can't believe it's March already! This year is already flying by so fast! We have had so much going on, and are keeping pretty busy here in the Olsen house.
I finally made the decision to go back to school this year, and so both Keith and I started in January. WOW. Can I just give props to any parents, single or married who have kids and are going to school?? It can be so hard at times. Let's just say I have learned to prioritize my time pretty well, in order to balance being a mother, wife and a student. Something that I constantly tell myself, is that the most important job I have right now is being a mother and a wife, and to always make sure I put this first. I find that as I try and do this and rely on Heavenly Father for help with patience and perseverance, that everything works out and things fall into place right where I (we) need them. Although there are honestly days where I just want to crawl under the covers and stay there.
One of the hardest things about going back to school, is not getting to be with Aria all day long like I have been used to. We had to make the decision to put her in a daycare three days a week so that I could go to class, because unfortunately we had no one else close enough to us to watch her, and Keith and I's schedules are too conflicting that we couldn't switch off really at all. Anyway, so it was an emotional first few weeks of the year trying to get used to Aria being in daycare, helping her adjust to a new schedule, and learn how to be away from mommy and daddy for a few hours three days a week. Surprisingly though, she has done so well. I am so proud of her! She seems to love going now for the most part, and knows her teachers and the other cute kids that go there too. Even in the beginning though, she didn't get to upset when we would drop her off, she would cry just a little, but they said then she would warm up to everyone pretty quick and play with toys and things. I am pretty sure I cried harder than she did those first few weeks of taking her. haha. And now she only usually cries after we have to drop her off after the weekend. I am so glad it is going so well. It is kind of confirmation to me that I made the right decision to go back to school right now, that this is what I am suppose to be doing.
I have always loved school; I love to learn and challenge myself, even if it makes me crazy. :) And I used to do pretty well... When I first started college after high school though, I did not really enjoy it at all, and I had a really tough time keeping up and staying on top of my health. So I decided to take some time off for myself. By the time I felt like I was ready to go back to school again, Keith and I started dating, and then decided to get married. I started school again with him the fall after we were married, but my heart still wasn't quite as in it as I wanted it to be. It was so frustrating because I knew I wanted to get my college education, I just couldn't understand why I was struggling so much. Then I got pregnant, and had Aria, and suddenly, magically, my motivation for things changed. I wanted to be my very best again. Now, it's not that Keith didn't make me feel this way too, he has always supported me and helped me to try and achieve my goals and dreams. He constantly reminds me that I am doing a good job, and that he is proud of me, which means the world to me. His approval and praise is something I truly need in my life. I think for some crazy reason though, becoming a mother was something heavenly father knew I needed to help boost my confidence in myself again. Becoming a mother has changed my life in so many ways, and I am so grateful. I want to show Aria, and our future children that getting an education is important, and that it's possible to follow your dreams, no matter what stage of life you are in. :)
OK, now that that I have gone off on that tangent, back to what I was originally writing about...
So I decided to go back to school to study and major in journalism. I am pretty excited about it. I am really enjoying my classes so far, and I think that USU has a pretty good program and professors who really care about their students and their success during and after school. However I think I was thinking that this major was going to be more of a breeze than it is. HA. NOT. My brain has already been broken more than I thought was possible in only half of a semester. But that's OK. I have made some really great friends, which I really needed in my life, and I am just enjoying being in school and trying hard to get the good grades I know that I can. I have pulled a couple of all nighters doing homework and studying, and I pretty much fall into bed every night exhausted, but it is all worth it. I really only get the chance to study at night after Aria has gone to bed mostly because she doesn't let me concentrate and study during the day, and I want to spend as much time with her as possible, so I try and focus all my time on her during the day when I have her.
Keith and I have been trying our hardest to make time for each other, but mostly we have been dedicating our time to studying, while the other watches Aria. Poor girl gets bounced around from parent to parent to her aunt or grandma or whoever all the time. But she has been a great sport about it.
Keith is extremely busy with school, even more than I am. He does have more classes though. But he has constant homework, tests, quizzes, labs, reports, you name it he has to do it basically haha. Poor guy! But he is such a trooper and I am so proud of him and how hard he works. He studies hard and gets good grades, and somehow still finds time to help watch Aria so I can study, or rest, and helps out around the house too. He just did all our dishes the other day....can I get a woot woot?? He is the best. And I love him!!
I am just so grateful that both Keith and I have the opportunity to go back to school right now, and that we can get financial aid to help, as well as support from our families and friends. We keep telling ourselves that it will all pay off in the end. I have about 2 years, and Keith graduates with his bachelors next spring, and then goes on to his masters. So we will get there! We can do hard things!! :)
I finally made the decision to go back to school this year, and so both Keith and I started in January. WOW. Can I just give props to any parents, single or married who have kids and are going to school?? It can be so hard at times. Let's just say I have learned to prioritize my time pretty well, in order to balance being a mother, wife and a student. Something that I constantly tell myself, is that the most important job I have right now is being a mother and a wife, and to always make sure I put this first. I find that as I try and do this and rely on Heavenly Father for help with patience and perseverance, that everything works out and things fall into place right where I (we) need them. Although there are honestly days where I just want to crawl under the covers and stay there.
One of the hardest things about going back to school, is not getting to be with Aria all day long like I have been used to. We had to make the decision to put her in a daycare three days a week so that I could go to class, because unfortunately we had no one else close enough to us to watch her, and Keith and I's schedules are too conflicting that we couldn't switch off really at all. Anyway, so it was an emotional first few weeks of the year trying to get used to Aria being in daycare, helping her adjust to a new schedule, and learn how to be away from mommy and daddy for a few hours three days a week. Surprisingly though, she has done so well. I am so proud of her! She seems to love going now for the most part, and knows her teachers and the other cute kids that go there too. Even in the beginning though, she didn't get to upset when we would drop her off, she would cry just a little, but they said then she would warm up to everyone pretty quick and play with toys and things. I am pretty sure I cried harder than she did those first few weeks of taking her. haha. And now she only usually cries after we have to drop her off after the weekend. I am so glad it is going so well. It is kind of confirmation to me that I made the right decision to go back to school right now, that this is what I am suppose to be doing.
I have always loved school; I love to learn and challenge myself, even if it makes me crazy. :) And I used to do pretty well... When I first started college after high school though, I did not really enjoy it at all, and I had a really tough time keeping up and staying on top of my health. So I decided to take some time off for myself. By the time I felt like I was ready to go back to school again, Keith and I started dating, and then decided to get married. I started school again with him the fall after we were married, but my heart still wasn't quite as in it as I wanted it to be. It was so frustrating because I knew I wanted to get my college education, I just couldn't understand why I was struggling so much. Then I got pregnant, and had Aria, and suddenly, magically, my motivation for things changed. I wanted to be my very best again. Now, it's not that Keith didn't make me feel this way too, he has always supported me and helped me to try and achieve my goals and dreams. He constantly reminds me that I am doing a good job, and that he is proud of me, which means the world to me. His approval and praise is something I truly need in my life. I think for some crazy reason though, becoming a mother was something heavenly father knew I needed to help boost my confidence in myself again. Becoming a mother has changed my life in so many ways, and I am so grateful. I want to show Aria, and our future children that getting an education is important, and that it's possible to follow your dreams, no matter what stage of life you are in. :)
OK, now that that I have gone off on that tangent, back to what I was originally writing about...
So I decided to go back to school to study and major in journalism. I am pretty excited about it. I am really enjoying my classes so far, and I think that USU has a pretty good program and professors who really care about their students and their success during and after school. However I think I was thinking that this major was going to be more of a breeze than it is. HA. NOT. My brain has already been broken more than I thought was possible in only half of a semester. But that's OK. I have made some really great friends, which I really needed in my life, and I am just enjoying being in school and trying hard to get the good grades I know that I can. I have pulled a couple of all nighters doing homework and studying, and I pretty much fall into bed every night exhausted, but it is all worth it. I really only get the chance to study at night after Aria has gone to bed mostly because she doesn't let me concentrate and study during the day, and I want to spend as much time with her as possible, so I try and focus all my time on her during the day when I have her.
Keith and I have been trying our hardest to make time for each other, but mostly we have been dedicating our time to studying, while the other watches Aria. Poor girl gets bounced around from parent to parent to her aunt or grandma or whoever all the time. But she has been a great sport about it.
Keith is extremely busy with school, even more than I am. He does have more classes though. But he has constant homework, tests, quizzes, labs, reports, you name it he has to do it basically haha. Poor guy! But he is such a trooper and I am so proud of him and how hard he works. He studies hard and gets good grades, and somehow still finds time to help watch Aria so I can study, or rest, and helps out around the house too. He just did all our dishes the other day....can I get a woot woot?? He is the best. And I love him!!
I am just so grateful that both Keith and I have the opportunity to go back to school right now, and that we can get financial aid to help, as well as support from our families and friends. We keep telling ourselves that it will all pay off in the end. I have about 2 years, and Keith graduates with his bachelors next spring, and then goes on to his masters. So we will get there! We can do hard things!! :)
Comments
Post a Comment